Did you make a New Year’s resolution? If so, how are you doing? Although about 50% of Americans make resolutions, many of these resolutions are not completed.
The beginning of each year is a great time to make resolutions. These goals can help focus attention and provide direction to help you achieve what you want. Below are some guidelines for improving the chances that you can achieve your resolutions for 2019.
- To begin with, set goals that are consistent with your overall desires and values.
- Choose resolutions that engender excitement and energy.
- Identify the benefits of reaching your goals.
- Envision yourself accomplishing your goals.
- Identify the roadblocks to success; and identify solutions to counteract the roadblocks.
- Set reasonable, specific, tangible and measurable goals.
- Schedule daily, weekly and monthly markers that confirm with your resolutions.
- Document your resolutions by writing them down.
- Share your resolutions with a friend.
- Commit to following through with your plans.
- Review your progress frequently and renegotiate you plan if necessary.
- Above all, celebrate your success!
As you fulfill your resolutions, you will discover your power to achieve what you want.
Happy New Year!