About Joan Miller, Ph.D.
Compassionate Counseling For
Individuals and Couples
"MY MISSION IS TO HELP YOU DISCOVER YOUR INNER STRENGTHS AND CREATE MORE CONTENTMENT
IN YOUR LIFE."
Call Today for a Free 20-Minute Consultation
I've assisted hundreds of individuals and couples to learn how to overcome adversity, reduce distress, learn better-coping strategies, make healthier decisions, and take positive action to have a satisfying life.
With twelve years of college and more than 35 years of counseling experience, I've dedicated my life to helping clients increase their happiness. Along the way, I’ve studied and become credentialed in many therapeutic approaches.
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist in Georgia
- Private Practice since 1979 in Marietta, Georgia
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from Kent State University in Ohio
- M.S. in Psychology from University of Georgia
- B.A. in Psychology from Greenville College in Illinois
- Formerly an Assistant Professor of Psychology at Tuscarawas Campus of Kent State University
- Fellow and Supervisor at the Institute of Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy in New York
- Certified Advanced Clinical Therapist in Imago Relationship Therapy
- Certified in Integrative Group Psychotherapy
- Certified in EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy)
- Certified in RRT (Rapid Resolution Therapy)
- Graduate, Pesso Boyden System Psychomotor Therapy Training
- Presenter of workshops including Breaking Up Without Breaking Down, Falling (and Staying) In Love, Creating a Lasting Relationship, Flame Up, Don't Burn Out, Staying Calm in Chaos, Resolving Conflict Constructively.
- Author of the following books and tapes: Headaches, The Answer Book, Taking the "Ouch" Out of Headaches, Stress Reduction, Stop Smoking, and Thinking Thin.
Call For A Free 20-Minute Consultation
I gain fresh insight and innovative methods from my colleagues.
Regular association with my colleagues keeps me current with the most advanced methods of counseling so I can better assist you in creating a more fulfilling life. I'm a member of:
- American Psychological Association
- Georgia Psychological Association
- Institute for Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy
- Association of Imago Relationship Therapy
I especially enjoy traveling, having visited over 35 countries, many of which I visited when I backpacked around the world for a year. I also enjoy painting, hiking, and scuba diving. I earned a black belt in Tae Kwon Do.
I draw on my education, experience, compassion, curiosity, cleverness, and humor to provide a safe, encouraging and healing environment for my clients.
I look forward to helping you clarify your issues, make healthier decisions, improve your relationships, and take positive actions to create a happy and satisfying life.
Call me for a free 20-minute consultation at 770-952-3308